Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Nightcrawler: Patent Leather is Never Waisted

(^Jill Stuart dress, McQueen heels and bag^)

This has to be the coolest woman...ever. I got this shot at the launch party for the Saks Fifth Avenue shoe floor in September '08. It's another shot from the archives that I've wanted to post for ages.

Her slick buzz cut made me a little nervous to ask for a photo at first because I thought she may think I was making a spectacle out of her, but then I just decided I had to go for it because I have never before seen anything so simultaneously outrageous and elegant. So, I told her that she looked cooler than I could ever hope to and she was more than happy to let me snap away. 

In case you can't tell from the photo, the waistband of the dress is patent leather, and the dress itself is silk chiffon. A nice, simple touch is the small black belt in the middle, which is made of regular leather (with a matte finish) and also appears on the cuffs of the dress. I don't know who makes her glasses, but the fact that she's wearing them inside obviously fits perfectly with the whole attitude of the look.

What I love most is that this is the kind of dress that looks like it wouldn't be appropriate for someone her age, but on her it looks just right. And the glass of bubbly is just the icing on the cake...

xx PCM

No comments: