Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What's Haute: So Cute it Hearsts

(^Lydia Hearst in Betsey Johnson at the Bestey Johnson S/S 2008 show^)

I must confess, I'm in love with rompers. I am also obsessed with all one-piece outfits with pockets (dresses, jumpsuits, jumpers, etc.) And truly, I think many of you must be too because I don't really see how anything could be more perfect for the summertime.

This particular piece, one of a few rompers that Betsey sent down the runway, looks like it could be difficult to work with, I'll admit. But the scalloped, bustier-esque neckline with the red trim makes it just the right amount of sexy so that the ballooned bloomers on the bottom half totally work.

Plus, it's short and sweet and it has pockets. And I've already told you how I feel about pockets...

The funky, floral headpiece (it's more standout than a regular headband) is so fun and appropriately so as this is a Betsey Johnson post, after all. I am also loving the little girl "frilly" socks paired with some Mary Janes that complete the whole "kindergarten cool" look. And, of course, the heart-shaped sunglasses are a fantastic item that Nicole Richie seems to have adopted recently...

Would you be next?

xx PCM

No comments: